RefractedLight

RefractedLight

Hi,  I'm Dani!  And I read, love, and blog about YA books!

The Faerie War
Rachel Morgan
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas
Endless
Amanda Gray
Progress: 62 %

Charm and Consequence (Snark and Circumstance, #2)

Charm and Consequence (Snark and Circumstance, #2) - Stephanie Wardrop Full of more prideful encounters, more scathing prejudices, Charm and Consequence is a delightful, albeit too short, second installment in the Snark and Circumstance novella series. I love the stoic, unreadable, but not so unreadable Michael. I love Georgia in all her ethically superior, snark-filled, self-righteousness. And I love the tension and chemistry between the two. Georgia’s character is just so fantastically written — her elitism making her so potentially unlikable. And yet, while she’s without a doubt abrasive, her narration proves she’s only human and admirably full of conviction. And when it comes right down to it, who hasn’t, in their lifetime, been annoyingly self-important or overly-zealous? Especially as a teen when the world appears so black and white. I also love how Georgia’s determined to see Michael as completely detestable, and yet… And yet… she cannot stop trying to puzzle him out. With new characters, rumors of a country club ball (the horror!), and the surprising discovery that chivalry is, in fact, not quite dead (despite evidence to the contrary), much hilarity and drama ensues in this fantastic sequel.