RefractedLight

RefractedLight

Hi,  I'm Dani!  And I read, love, and blog about YA books!

The Faerie War
Rachel Morgan
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas
Endless
Amanda Gray
Progress: 62 %

Crossing the Line (Pushing the Limits, #1.5)

Crossing the Line (Pushing the Limits, #1.5) - Katie McGarry ★★★★½Brought together at the funeral of Echo's brother Aries, Lila and Lincoln bonded over shared tragedy and for the last two years have been writing one another letters -- as in "pen pals" with paper, pens, stamps and envelopes. They've shared hopes, dreams, secrets, nonsense, worries, fears, stories, things mundane and things important through their letters -- each becoming a inextricable part of each other's lives. And then, Lincoln lies, causing Lila to question him and everything he's ever said. Not able to bear the thought of losing this incredible girl he's absolutely crazy about -- the only good thing in his messed up life -- Lincoln road-trips the ten hours to Lila's house to try and make things right.I questioned whether or not Katie McGarry would be able to create that same emotional impact in a novella that she created in Pushing the Limits, and the answer is "Yes!" Yes, she can. I loved Lila and Lincoln. Their connection is so sweet and heartfelt; their struggles and fears so sympathetic. One thing I love about Katie's books is the journey to self-realization that accompanies the (toe-curlingly awesome) romance. It's about being an individual first, and how the right person should encourage you to be the best YOU you can be.Overall, I proclaim this novella, "Absolutely adorable."