RefractedLight

RefractedLight

Hi,  I'm Dani!  And I read, love, and blog about YA books!

The Faerie War
Rachel Morgan
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas
Endless
Amanda Gray
Progress: 62 %

The Golden Lily: A Bloodlines Novel (Bloodlines (Mead - Hardcover))

The Golden Lily - Richelle Mead I'm rating it between a 3.5 and 4 stars. Can't decide. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE this book. LOVE it. It's probably one of the very, very few times I'll love a book and give it this low of rating. And why?Because one of the main characters, while I love this particular person very much, has been waffling between two ways of thinking over the course of both Bloodlines' novels. This is expected and good, but his/her character is not making much progress in this specific area, and I feel like it's starting to create some inconsistencies in his/her character. Drama for the sake of drama, which I can't stand. (Spoiler ahead, but not a huge one...) I just can't buy that this person -- because of who and what he/she is -- is still clinging to a worldview shown time and time again to be either corrupt or flawed.And that's why I gave it the rating I did. I love everything else about this book, and especially Adrian. He is perfection, and I love how far his character has come since first meeting him in Frostbite.Overall, despite one glaring issue that I have with the book, The Golden Lily is a fantastic, "unputdownable" read.