RefractedLight

RefractedLight

Hi,  I'm Dani!  And I read, love, and blog about YA books!

The Faerie War
Rachel Morgan
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas
Endless
Amanda Gray
Progress: 62 %

The Adoration of Jenna Fox

The Adoration of Jenna Fox  - Mary E. Pearson With a slight sci-fi bent and a beautiful use of language, The Adoration of Jenna Fox is a poignant, gorgeously introspective book about what it truly means to be an individual, the nature of grief and loss, and the sheer ferocity of a parent’s love. This novel held so much depth, and many times I found myself blown away by Pearson’s keen and honest insights about life through Jenna’s inner monologue.Jenna, her parent’s miracle baby, has long felt weighed down by the enormity of their expectations for her. For so long, she’s felt the need to pursue perfection to please them — to keep their love and approval. It’s interesting to watch her interactions with her parents and grandmother evolve as Jenna rediscovers and reinvents herself in the aftermath of her accident. Ironically, Jenna just may find the tragedy that forever altered her life, may just have given her the freedom she needs to be her own person.Overall, Jenna’s journey to discover who she is and who she was will resonate with readers on many levels, as she questions who or what defines a person, what gives us worth and what really makes us human.