RefractedLight

RefractedLight

Hi,  I'm Dani!  And I read, love, and blog about YA books!

The Faerie War
Rachel Morgan
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy)
Sherry Thomas
Endless
Amanda Gray
Progress: 62 %

I Wish... (The Witches of Desire #1)

I Wish... (The Witches of Desire #1) - Wren Emerson In I Wish Emerson has created a complex, original world that is as intriguing as it is terrifying. Politics, amorality and ruthlessness abound in the town of Desire, where Thistle quickly learns that almost everyone she knows, her friends, her family and her enemies, are involved in an ongoing and calculated power struggle, and she has just become the most influential player on the board. Thistle is an interesting character. A girl who grew up on the road with her dictatorial grandmother and emotionally estranged mother, she dreams of someday escaping her grandmother's stranglehold and having a normal life with picket fences and a family of her own. When news reaches them that Thistle's great grandmother is on her deathbed, she is all the sudden returned to her hometown. Thistle knows very little about her family history, knows even less about her true identity, and she begins to discover that the idyllic little town of Desire is harboring dark secrets and a strange way of life below the surface. Thistle's transformation as a character from wallflower to more or less embracing what she is, is gradual and natural and I can't wait to see what she will do in the next book in regards to her relationships with friends and family (And boys! One boy in particular...), her place in Desire, and how she might change things in her world for the better.Loved it! Can't wait to read the next one!